View the headlines of the latest corona news at the bottom.
Greece will test travelers for the corona virus upon arrival if they have departed from an airport in a risk area. The Greek authorities rely on data from the European Aviation Agency EASA, which maintains a list of airports located in areas where the risk of transmission of the virus would be high. It now also houses the most important Dutch airports, such as Schiphol.
The new policy should take effect on June 15, according to the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Anyone who tests negative after arrival must still be in home isolation for seven days. Travelers who are found to be infected have to wait 2 weeks for a mandatory quarantine. The Greek authorities will also carry out random corona tests on travelers coming from areas that are not on the list.
Greece recently published a list of 29 countries that it considers safe. The Netherlands and some other EU countries were not included. A source within the Greek government tells AFP news agency that it has decided to change the policy. “It’s now about the airport where someone comes from, not the country.”
The EASA list is regularly updated. Schiphol, Eindhoven Airport, Maastricht Aachen Airport and Rotterdam The Hague Airport are still seen as airports in risk areas. This also applies to many airports in the United Kingdom and the United States.
Watch the live blog of Friday 29 May here.
- Opponents lockdown gather at multiple locations
- A third of the Dutch want to give first aid within 1.5 meters
- For example, a weekend away in corona time
- 6 million corona infections diagnosed worldwide
- Again protests in Germany against corona measures
- India extends lockdown to June 30, easing areas of low corona risk
- US registers 1,225 new deaths from coronavirus
- Increase in corona cases in Germany
- Switzerland reports first death of baby due to corona
- The number of corona deaths registered in Brazil is now 27,878
- Agreement reached on Lufthansa aid package
- Congress and conference centers open their doors cautiously
- The blood tested for corona is the new gold
- Positive news Premier League: zero infections
- Premier League also gets green light from British government
- Video: illegal French football game “potential virus bomb”
- Frenkie de Jong and co are allowed to train in full from Monday
- Government of Austria agrees to Formula 1 races in early July
- Politicians want fans especially for cup opponent Bosz
- National coach Löw positively surprised by the Bundesliga level
- Barcelona coach Quique Setien not happy with five changes
- Dutch tennis coach in the US organizes tournaments in his own backyard
- Lyon keeps fighting: “French league, start competition again!”
- “Belgian prince Joachim tests positive for coronavirus after Spanish lockdown party”
- Queen Elizabeth staff work in shifts
- Anouk quarantined again without a family
- Robert looks back on “bizarre” season All You Need Is Love
- Princess Mako must also postpone marriage
Every afternoon the most important corona updates and the latest news in your inbox.
Invalid email address. Please enter again.
You can unsubscribe with 1 click