The GGD will test NVWA veterinarians and their assistants from the Quality Inspection Animal Sector who work in a pig slaughterhouse in Helmond for the coronavirus. Two judges working in Helmond and a vet from the Dutch Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA) have tested positive for Covid-19
This is confirmed by the Dutch Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA) after reports by RTL Nieuws. An NVWA spokesperson reported that about fifty people are being tested. The GGD later decides whether other people who work in the slaughterhouse in Helmond should also be tested.
In a slaughterhouse in Groenlo, 600 employees were quarantined at home for two weeks. The Safety Region of North and East Gelderland decided to do this after consultation with the GGD. The GGD had previously announced that 45 employees had tested positive for corona. Home quarantine should prevent the coronavirus from spreading further.
Read the live blog of Thursday 21 May here.
- US President Donald Trump wants all places of worship in the United States to open again
- £ 1000 fine for travelers violating UK quarantine rules
- Italy registered 130 new deaths from the coronavirus on Friday, up from 156 the day before, authorities reported
- Scientists: “Malaria drug does not work against corona and poses a danger”
- Portugal reopens doors to tourists
- After a two-month shutdown due to the corona pandemic, the iconic Berlin television tower on Alexanderplatz reopened to the public on Friday
- Madrid eases lockdown: terraces can open again
- In Belgium, more than two hundred new cases of coronavirus infection were reported for the second day in a row. There were 276 in the previous 24 hours, while there were 252 a day earlier
- Russia: highest rise in corona deaths since outbreak
- Criticism of Swedish corona strategy
- Visitors to the United Kingdom must be quarantined for 14 days
- Death toll from coronavirus in Germany increases by 27 to 8174
- Bolsonaro: no evidence of effect of a malaria drug against corona
- 1,255 new corona deaths in the US
The apologies of the RIVM, the supplements drama with the Tax Authorities and the West that awakens roughly from the neoliberal dream.
Listen to the podcast of reporter Wierd Duk here, below or subscribe via your own podcast app.