Releasing international flights and sports during the third phase of the lockdown concessions will be considered after studying the situation, the home ministry said in a release yesterday. With this, the chances of IPL increased. The IPL, which was supposed to start on March 29, has been canceled for an indefinite time.
Also Read: Sunil Chhetri Bollywood actor bollywood actor
BCCI treasurer Arun Dhumal said the Home Ministry’s order was seen as a positive development. He added that if international journeys are initiated and permission is given to organize sports, we can plan for the future.
The BCCI is also considering setting up of national camps and training of players as soon as possible. It is expected that all the sports will soon be making its debut in the world. Major football tournaments, including the Bundesliga, have already begun.
Also Read: T20 World Cup No Demand For IPL: BCCI
Former India captain and current BCCI president Sourav Ganguly had earlier said that if the Indian Premier League is not in place, it will be a financial loss for the management. “If the Indian Premier League (IPL) does not go through, the loss of about Rs 4,000 crore is going to be huge. It is huge,” he said.
Get All the Latest Malayalam News at Indian Express You can also catch all sports news in the following us Twitter and Facebook