CARACAS (Sputnik) – Venezuelan Deputy Minister for Europe Yvan Gil described as absurd the accusations by the United States against President Nicolás Maduro and senior government officials, whom he linked in a drug trafficking plot.
“The United States, in the midst of a coronavirus pandemic, prioritizes in its crazy agenda the ridiculous accusations without evidence against Nicolás Maduro, assume the total fracture of the opposition and remain alone with the radicals of the [opositor Juan] He said they want blood and pain, another attempt that will fail! “, Wrote the vice minister on the social network Twitter.
The US maintains that Maduro “helped lead and ultimately led” a criminal organization known as the Cartel of the Suns.
The US Department of Justice indicated that the president could face a minimum of 50 years in prison, while offering a $ 15 million reward for information related to Maduro.
Also included in the list:
- The president of the National Constituent Assembly, Diosdado Cabello;
- The president of the Supreme Court of Justice, Maikel Moreno, for alleged money laundering;
- The former director of military intelligence, Hugo Carvajal Barrios;
- Retired General Cliver Alcalá Cordones, accused by the Venezuelan Government of promoting destabilization acts from Colombia;
- The vice president of the Economic area, Tareck El Aissami.
The US made this accusation a day after the Venezuelan government revealed alleged evidence of the US and Colombia’s conspiracy to carry out mass murders, including Maduro and other executive officials.