De Jong football affairs director is considering leaving PSV due to unrest | NOW

0
4


John de Jong is considering stopping as PSV’s football affairs director. The former footballer is under heavy pressure in Eindhoven due to the disappointing results and has had to suffer from the supporters for some time.

“I will make my decisions in the near future. Especially in club interest and then in personal interest, but I need time to come to a decision,” De Jong said on Friday at the presentation of left back Ricardo Rodríguez.

“In this kind of week you go from hot to cold in the feeling. In the meantime, I will continue what we are doing. Because of the transfer window, I told the Supervisory Board to work 24 hours a day until Friday. We’ll see later further.”

PSV won only ten of the twenty league matches this season, did not hibernate in Europe and was eliminated by NAC Breda in the TOTO KNVB Cup last week. Due to the poor results, trainer Mark van Bommel was fired in December, but De Jong is the target of the supporters.

“This hurts a lot”

The former player of PSV is accused of having failed to put together the current selection. After last Sunday’s home game against FC Twente (1-1), dozens of supporters stormed the main entrance of the Philips Stadium, where they screamed for De Jong’s departure.

In recent times, PSV’s director of football affairs has taken a lot of steps. “It was a difficult week, a tough week. Perhaps debilitating. I’ve been with PSV for twenty years and this is probably the most difficult thing I’ve experienced at the time.”

“I don’t find myself that important, but as it is, we don’t get along with each other at PSV. That hurts a lot, absolutely.”

PSV hopes to ease the pressure this weekend when the current number five of the Eredivisie will visit Ajax leader. The top match starts at 4.45 pm in the Johan Cruijff ArenA.

The previous 16 editions of Ajax-PSV

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here