- AIMIM Chief Asaduddin Owaisi has instructed the states that bring the law on love jihad to read the constitution.
- Owaisi says that any such law is a violation of Article 14 and 21 of the Constitution
- By accusing BJP, Owaisi said that it only wants to give communal color to Greater Hyderabad Municipal Elections
AIMIM Chief Asaduddin Owaisi has instructed the states that bring the law on love jihad to read the constitution. Owaisi says that any such law is in violation of Articles 14 and 21 of the Constitution. Accusing the BJP of spreading communalism, Owaisi said that it only wants to give communal color to the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation elections (GHMC).
Owaisi said, “Such laws would be in violation of Articles 14 and 21 of the Constitution. If you want to do the same, then eliminate the special marriage act. This propaganda of hate will not work. BJP wants to wander unemployed youth. There was a flood in Hyderabad. What help did the Modi government provide at that time? Modi government wants to give communal color to GHMC elections but this time it will not work because people know the reality. ‘
‘BJP leader will name Owaisi’
Owaisi further said, ‘If you wake the BJP leader in the night and ask him anything, Owaisi, traitor, terrorism and finally Pakistan’s name will come out of his mouth. BJP should tell what financial help they gave to Telangana, especially Hyderabad after 2019.
UP has announced strict law on love jihad
Recently, the UP government has announced a strong law to stop the alleged love jihad. Madhya Pradesh has made a similar announcement. UP CM Yogi Adityanath had said in an election meeting in Jaunpur district on October 30 that the state government would strictly stop Love Jihad. The Allahabad High Court had also said in a decision that conversion to marriage is not necessary. Apart from Uttar Pradesh, states like Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Karnataka are also preparing to enact laws against love jihad.
5 and 10 years sentence, what are the provisions in Love Jihad law coming in UP, know
This is the draft of the UP government
The draft talks of forcible, seduction or conversion through marriage, as a crime. In cases of fraudulent conversion, the accused will have to prove that it did not happen. At the moment, the Justice Department is churning this out. Earlier, the Law Commission had submitted a proposal of UP Freedom of Religion Bill-2019 to the Prevention of Forced Conversions Act. The Commission made its proposal in view of the specifics of the law applicable in other states.
Special provisions of law
1. If the girl’s conversion was done only for marriage, then marriage can be declared void.
2. The Law Commission has provided the Uttar Pradesh Freedom of Regional Bill to make laws related to the prohibition on conversion.
3. This offense will be non bailable. The trial of the indictment will be in the Court of First Class Magistrate.
4. In case of conversion of religion for coercion or marriage, there will be a punishment of up to 5 years and a fine of up to 15 thousand rupees.
5. There will be a provision for imprisonment of two to seven years in the case of forcible conversion of minor girl, woman belonging to scheduled caste and tribes and a fine of at least Rs. 25 thousand.
6. There will be a provision for a maximum sentence of 10 years and a fine of Rs 50,000 in cases of mass conversion.
7. For the conversion, it will be mandatory to inform the District Magistrate one month in advance. Provision for punishment from 6 months to three years for its violation.
8. An institution or organization guilty of an ordinance violation shall also be punishable.
These will be the rules of Madhya Pradesh law
MP CM Shivraj Singh Chauhan has said that jihad will not be allowed in the name of love in the state. State Home Minister Narottam Mishra said that we are bringing legislation in this session to stop it. Under this law, the victim’s parents and relatives can complain against Love Jihad and conversion. If someone wants to convert on their own, then one month before that, the collector has to apply. It is a crime to marry by force, deception and forcible conversion. In this case, marriage will be void after conviction. After the case is registered, the police can arrest without any warrant, then bail will have to be taken from the court. If found guilty, it will carry a sentence of up to 5 years. Also, those who help will be equally punished.
Law against ‘love jihad’: Madhya Pradesh begins, know how much punishment, what provisions