Listen to the news
If we look at the statistics of Delhi Police from January to August in the year 2020, then about three women were raped this year as compared to six last year in Delhi. There was also a decrease in cases of molestation. Last year, on an average, where eight women were molested, now the figure has been reduced to five.
Senior Delhi Police officials say that women, children and the elderly have always been the priority of the Delhi Police. Delhi Police has a special focus especially on crime against women. After the year 2012, several steps were taken by the police to protect the women and increase their confidence. The women who had previously hesitated to report it after the crime, now started coming forward. In order to increase the confidence of the women of Delhi, the women continue to run programs throughout the year and train them in self-defense. The name of Delhi Police has also been recorded in the Limca Book of Records in the year 2017 for imparting self-defense training to more than two lakh women in a year. Senior officials believe that due to the increased confidence in women and the efforts of the police, the crime against women in Delhi has come down.
Delhi Police took this step for security …
- The Special Police Unit for Women and Children continues to work for the safety of women and children.
- Self defense camp is organized from time to time by Delhi Police
- Women’s Dest and Help Line number for women separately in every police station
- Police personnel stationed there after identifying the places of desertedness
- Women police patrolling by bike around the university campus
- All women PCR for convenience and safety of women
- PCR’s vigorous vans constantly keep an eye on the movements
- Delhi Police launches Himmat app for women
-Dr. Surabhi, Sachi Saheli, NGO
Women, children and the elderly have always been the priority of Delhi Police, due to the efforts of Delhi Police, crime against women has decreased. Due to this, the confidence of women has also increased. Delhi Police will continue to take action against women who commit crimes.
Anil Mittal, Additional Spokesperson, Delhi Police
Data Mirror …
. Misdemeanor 1402 903
. Tampering (IPC 354) 1840 1142
. Misconduct (IPC 509) 286 223
. Abduction 2364 1593
. Dowry harassment 2240 1153
. Dowry killing 76 70
(Note: All figures are from January 1 to August 15)
Data Mirror …