The Orange Cap in the IPL is given to the player who scores the most runs in the season. The Purple Cap is given to the bowler who takes the most wickets in a season.
Two matches were played in IPL 2020 on Saturday (October 16). The 33rd match was played between Rajasthan Royals and Royal Challengers Bangalore in Dubai. Bangalore won the match by 7 wickets. This was Bangalore’s sixth win of the season. They are third in the table, while Rajasthan remain seventh after the defeat.
In addition, the 34th match was played between Chennai Capitals and Delhi Capitals in Sharjah. Delhi won the match by 5 wickets. This was Delhi’s seventh win of the season. With this victory, Delhi has topped the table, while Chennai is at the sixth position after this defeat.
Even after this match, Orange Cap Kings XI Punjab captain KL Rahul remains. Purple Cap Delhi Capitals fast bowler Kagiso Rabada has retained.
5 batsmen in the Orange Cap race after # 34 match (highest run scorer in IPL 2020) –
1. KL Rahul – 448 runs, 8 matches (Kings XI Punjab)
2. Mayank Agarwal – 382 runs, 8 matches (Kings XI Punjab)
3. Virat Kohli – 347 runs, 9 matches (Royal Challengers Bangalore)
4. Faf du Plessis – 304 Dhawa, 4 Saman (Chennai Super Kings)
5. Shreyas Iyer – 299 Dhava, Om Samane (Delhi Capitals)
The 5 bowlers in the Purple Cap race after the # 34 match (the highest wicket-taker in IPL 2020) –
1. Kagiso Rabada – 19 wickets, 9 matches (Delhi Capitals)
2. Yuzvendra Chahal – 13 wickets, 9 matches (Royal Challengers Bangalore)
3. Joffra Archer – 12 wickets, 9 matches (Rajasthan Royals)
4. Jaspreet Bumrah – 12 wickets, 8 matches (Mumbai Indians)
5. Enrich Norkie – 12 wickets, 9 matches (Delhi Capitals)