– fought against Russia alongside the Chechen terrorists led by the Islamists Shamil Basayev, Abu l-Walid and Aslan Maskhadov;
– was an officer in the Georgian army at the time of the armed conflict in South Ossetia in 2008;
– Was a supporter of the Islamist terrorist organization "Caucasus Emirate"
– In 2005 he moved from Georgia via Ukraine to Germany
– Was killed on 23 August 2019 in the center of Berlin with shots in the back and in the head
– The US charges the murder of Russian intelligence agencies
– German media also report Russia's involvement in the murder
– Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov denies any connection Russia has with murder
– Russia's Foreign Ministry criticized the politicized approach to crime and promised countermeasures
The German police has the 54-year-old Vadim Sokolov, whose real name Vadim Krasikov is arrested for suspecting Khangoshvili. He was on the international wanted list for the murder of an entrepreneur in Moscow.
Later, however, any information about him from the databases of the Russian Interior Ministry and the Interpol disappeared, as the Russian online newspaper "The Insider" report, the investigative research network Bellingcat and the magazine "Spiegel", citing unnamed sources.
According to Bellingcat, the suspect is 54 years old, his forged identity card in the name of Vadim Sokolov indicates the age of 49 years.
om / mt