Russian intelligence suspends investigation into Saudi Aramco attack

0
6



Russia.

The head of Russia's foreign intelligence service, Sergei Nareshkin, said on Monday it was necessary to provide evidence that a country was accused of being behind the attacks on Saudi oil facilities and that mere charges were unacceptable.

"Of course, we condemn such actions, but it is necessary to provide compelling and objective evidence of the accusation," Nareshkin told reporters.

On September 14, the Yemeni group Ansar Allah claimed a drone attack on two oil facilities belonging to Saudi oil giant Aramco in Abqaiq and Hijrat Khurais in the eastern region of Saudi Arabia.

But Saudi Arabia has offered remnants of what Iranian drones and cruise missiles used to attack Saudi oil facilities, saying they were "undeniable" evidence of Iranian aggression.

Saudi Arabia's Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Adel al-Jubeir, said that if Iran continued its course, it risked military action against it, referring to the attack on Saudi oil facilities.

"But nobody wants war. Everyone wants to resolve this peacefully and the goal should be to eliminate Iran's aggressive policies."

Al-Jubeir confirmed that if the investigation reveals that the attack on two Saudi oil facilities last week was launched from Iranian territory, the kingdom would consider this as a war, but Riyadh is currently seeking a peaceful solution.



Source link
https://arabic.sputniknews.com/russia/201909231042955439-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%AE%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D9%88%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%82-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%AD%D9%82%D9%8A%D9%82-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%AA%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%82-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%87%D8%AC%D9%88%D9%85-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%A3%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%85%D9%83%D9%88-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3%D8%B9%D9%88%D8%AF%D9%8A%D8%A9/

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here