Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia: the attack on Aramco was an "act of war" of Iran

0
3



DefendingShort URL

Saudi Crown Prince Mohamed bin Salman made a controversial statement during an interview on the '60 minutes' program of the US CBS channel.

The 34-year-old politician said he agreed with the position of US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on the role of Iran in the attacks carried out on September 14 against several oil installations of the national hydrocarbons company Aramco.

Pompeo had previously stated that the attacks are "an act of war by Iran."

The future president of the Arab kingdom called the attack "stupid, without a strategic objective." Thus, he said that "only one fool will attack 5% of the world's oil supply."

According to Mohamed bin Salman, the price of oil could increase significantly if the rest of the nations do not take action against Tehran and there is an escalation of tensions in the region. In addition, he warned that a war between his country and Iran would mean the collapse of the global economy.

"The region represents about 30% of the world's energy supply, about 20% of global commercial traffic, about 4% of global GDP. Imagine that these three things stop. This would mean a total collapse of the global economy, not only from Saudi Arabia or the countries of the Middle East, "warned the prince, who holds the positions of vice prime minister and head of Defense.

However, the heir was more conciliatory in stating that he hopes the military response is not necessary, since it is "much better" a "political and peaceful solution."

Mohamed bin Salmán explained the difficulty that Riyadh has in defending the entire territory of the country despite the enormous military spending. In his own words, "it is a challenge to cover everything (…) is greater than all of Western Europe."

©
                    Sputnik /

The inefficiency of the American 'patriots'

On September 14, the facilities of the Saudi Aramco company in Abqaiq and Khurais, in eastern Saudi Arabia, were subject to an attack claimed by the Houthi rebels in Yemen.

However, the United States, Saudi Arabia and several countries of the European Union argue that behind the incident is Iran, which categorically rejects its involvement.



Source link
https://mundo.sputniknews.com/defensa/201909301088828172-principe-heredero-de-arabia-saudi-el-ataque-contra-aramco-fue-un-acto-de-guerra-de-iran/

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here